Monday, September 14, 2015

I Wish Mourinho Chose Liverpool Over Chelsea - Gerrard


By on 7:27 AM

Jose Mourinho has little friends in the world of football probably because of his success, his arrogance (he once called himself the Special one) or his abilities as a coach.
While some despise him, others admire him. One of those who fall into the latter group is Liverpool legend, Steven Gerrard, who in his biography, wished Mourinho was his manager at the Meryerside club.
  The LA Galaxy man assumed that if Mourinho had ever chosen Liverpool over Chelsea in 2004 he would have delivered more success to the club.
Excerpts of the his autobiography pubished by the Daily Mail reads: “For me, the ideal situation would obviously have been for Mourinho to have managed Liverpool. He was linked with a move to Anfield a couple of times but it never materialised. I know I’m biased, but I think it would have been a perfect match.
“The Liverpool fans would have loved him and he would have known exactly how to turn that love into adoration. Jose would have had a fantastic time bringing huge success to Liverpool.”
He revealed that Chelsea tempted him the most regarding a move from Liverpool. According to the English man not even Real Madrid’s tempting offer could match Jose Mourinho’s lure.
Gerrard said: “When I was playing my best football, probably in 2006 and even in 2009, there were some big chances to leave: Chelsea again; Real Madrid twice — and the second time was more tempting because, once more, Mourinho wanted me.
“Playing for Jose in the white shirt of Real Madrid, at the Bernabeu? Only Liverpool could have made me say ‘no’ again. I had come so close to leaving Liverpool for Chelsea in 2005. The reason I stayed was that Liverpool meant so much to me both as a club and as a city. Chelsea and London didn’t mean anything.
“During those distressing days when I felt so torn about whether or not I should stay or go I never once thought to myself, ‘I want to play for Chelsea instead of Liverpool’.
“My head was almost turned because I was thinking, ‘I’d love to play for Jose Mourinho’. I was certain that, under Jose, I would win all the trophies I craved.”
In a related development, Mourinho has revealed he had no hand in the signing of Senegalese Papy Djilobodji.
Djilobodji was signed by the EPL champions on deadline day for a reported fee of £4million but according to Mourinho, the capture of the big centre back was the choice of someone he trust completely.

About GraceLight City

Gospel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment